Friday, January 13, 2006

Quick and dirty.

Maybe I'll post a bit more at length later, but for now I wanted to ensure that I stick to my vow to blog something, regardless of how insignificant, each and every day.

Today is a milestone, for this afternoon I weighed myself after exercising, and I have suddenly found myself at the weight I set as my goal: 129 pounds.

I'm not sure how it happened, except quickly. Stress was part of it, I'm sure, but I've also watched what I ate and exercised regularly. However, I didn't lose it exactly where I wanted to. I still have an annoying little roll over my belt. The old Special-K commercials warned consumers that if they could "pinch an inch" they should mind their weight. I find I can still pinch at least an inch, if not more.

However, here's something exciting: Earlier this week my lovely wife remarked that my abdomen is starting to look toned. That's historic, because I didn't know she was there. Why is that significant? Because I wasn't "holding it in." When she's around I suck in my gut, when I'm alone I let it fly. She observed me voyeuristically from the next room and noticed that my efforts are paying off.

There's still a long way to go before I have Tyler Durden abs (Fight Club reference there) but at least it appears attainable. I guess good things can happen on Friday the 13th.

Who's News and all sorts of other delightful crap for you this weekend. Stay tuned.

A THOUGHT
Say, I just thought of something.

Would anyone be interested in reading my internship journal on-line? I could create a blog especially for that and post one entry per day.

Let me know if you'd be interested.