Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Thanks, Leab.

Leab from Ironic Teachings asked 30 questions today. His responses are hilarious, and mine follow.

1. Name someone with the same birthday as you.
Tommy Lee of Motley Crue, and my personal idol the Reverend Al Sharpton.

2. Where was your first kiss?
On the cheek. Seriously though, I received a covert peck on the cheek from Carmen Canfield in the sixth grade at Pioneer Park in Lincoln, Nebraska. My first “real” kiss was with Gretchen Zwetzig in 10th grade. We were in her room listening to the Doors and she asked “Have you ever kissed a girl?” I replied “No, have you?” Yes, that really happened.

3. Have you ever seriously vandalized someone else's property?
I have broken items belonging to others during fits of rage, but only because they were handy, never to deliberately piss someone off.

4. Have you ever hit someone of the opposite sex?
No.

5. Have you ever sung in front of a large number of people?
Yes, for nearly two decades.

6. What's the first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
The face. Then the belly and butt.

7. What really turns you on?
When my wife bites my ear.

8. What do you order at Starbucks?
Medium dark roast with an add-shot.

9. What is your biggest mistake?
It’s hard to narrow it down, but I’d have to say the circumstances under which my first marriage failed is way up there.

10. Have you ever hurt yourself on purpose?
Yes.

11. Say something totally random about yourself.
I sleep with a stuffed lion.

12. Has anyone ever said you looked like a celebrity?
When I was younger and had hair, someone compared me to Woody Allen. More recently someone said I look like a straight Michael Stipe. Oh, and Jules says I look like a “cute Rob Halford,” and that’s my personal favorite comparison.

13. Do you still watch kiddy movies or TV shows?
I never miss the Peanuts Christmas special and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, and the former is the one and only opportunity I grant myself to cry because of a TV show.

14. Did you have braces?
No.

15. Are you comfortable with your height?
Yes.

16. What is the most romantic thing someone of the opposite sex has done for you?
After a gig one night, my wife braved a monsoon to leave a single rose under the wiper blade of my truck. When I got to her house at 2:00 a.m., I was delighted to find that she had left me roses by the stairs, which is a line from “Small Things” by Blink 182.

17. When do you know it's love?
When you…uhhhh…fantasize…only about your spouse.

18. Do you speak any other languages?
No.

19. Have you ever been to a tanning salon?
No, but I did use a tanning bed once.

20. What magazines do you read?
The New Yorker, the Limbaugh Letter.

21. Have you ever ridden in a limo?
Yes.

22. Has anyone you were really close to passed away?
Yes, my father.

23. Do you watch MTV?
I enjoyed MTV during its heyday in the 80’s, before it became a soft-core channel.

24. What's something that really annoys you?
30 goddamned questions in a row. Seriously though, loud neighbors.

25. What's something you really like?
My cats.

26. Do you like Michael Jackson?
No.

27. Can you dance?
No.

28. What's the latest you have ever stayed up?
‘Til dawn.

29. Have you ever been rushed by an ambulance into the emergency room?
Yes, I succumbed to food poisoning while attending a rock concert. The ambulance attendants and emergency room staff kept asking “What are you on, son? We can’t help you if you don’t tell us what you’re on.” I was on bad pizza rolls, that’s what.

30. Do you actually read these when other people fill them out?
Yes, Leab’s answers stirred some vivid memories of my own, for which I’m grateful. This will provide wonderful future blog-fodder.