Friday, December 16, 2005

Patriot Act.

Well, the United States Senate just blocked reauthorization of the Patriot Act, and it's about fucking time. Yeah, I said "fuck," and I'll continue to do so now that the United States is no longer a dictatorship.

As a writer, I can't tell you how pleased I am. It's been a rough couple of years, having every word I wrote channeled through the State Department. The volumes of paperwork necessary to obtain and maintain a daily blog was overwhelming; layer after layer of red tape that had to be authorized, notarized, and scrutinized. There were times that I considered giving up, but felt it was my duty as an American to persevere, knowing that one day the people would triumph.

This is a tremendous day for American civil liberties. We've let loose the shackles imposed by the fascist Bush Administration. Fight the power.