Monday, October 10, 2005

Unprecedented.

Some of you will hate me for this, but you probably hated me anyway.

This morning I had a test in my Abnormal Psychology class. I'll wait while you formulate the obvious "You should be an expert in that" jokes.

(pause)

Okay, so I was shocked at the difficulty of the test. Granted it was merely multiple choice, but the questions revealed I did not comprehend the text as well as I thought I did.

When I take tests, I immediately answer all questions I'm certain of and come back to the ones I'm unsure of. On today's exam, there were no less than a dozen (out of 50) questions I was clueless about.

After further examination and thought, I answered three of the uncertain questions with educated guesses. The remaining nine were 100% guesswork.

My instructor posted grades on the class website, and I scored a 96% on the exam. I'm not a math person, I can't begin to estimate probabilities, but it seems to me that nearly 100% of my guesses were correct.

Maybe it was a one-time fortunate event, but just in case I purchased a Powerball ticket for Wednesday night's $200 Million drawing.