Friday, December 02, 2005

Aaaaargh revisited.

I thought I'd get to take a blogging break today (not a break from blogging, but rather a break to blog), but no dice. I truly hate it when Fridays turn busy.

Anyway, this weekend I shall post a Who's News and hopefully much more. It's "finals" time at school so things will be a bit nuts, but I'll try to come through for y'all.

In the meantime, here's a quick note about box elder bugs...

BOX ELDER BUGS
Some days it doesn’t pay to be a nice guy.

I was in my boss’s office and noticed a box elder bug on the window. I knew that if my boss saw it, she’d probably kill it. So, I “rescued” it and brought it to my own desk. I blew it off of my fingers and it landed directly in a spider web. He struggled for a while but clearly wouldn’t be extricating himself without some assistance.

So, I retrieved him from the web with a ruler and spent several minutes cleaning the silk off him. I then released him into our store room, where he’ll likely die of starvation soon, unless I can find some place that sells box elder bug food. Not bloody likely.

I don’t know why I do stuff like this. It doesn’t do any good, but I can’t help myself.